Time is TBD|
Location is TBD
Expression of Interest
Please let is know if you would like your child to attend a TAGS Summer 2020 Camp if allowed
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Location is TBD
About the Event
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to use it.”
TAGS are busy getting ready for Summer Camps.
We are following all appropriate government guidance to ensure, that if at all possible, we run safe camps that still enable children to have an amazing summer.
We are currently in discussion with other fantastic hosts at Calderdale College (Halifax), Zara Sports Centre (Bradford) and other venues about what we can offer.
What we know so far?
Tuesday 23rd June:
The Prime Minister’s announcement mentioned that wraparound care (holiday camps) should be able to restart over the Summer (however this confirmation and guidance is not anticipated before the 4th July)
As we stand:
Crucially for TAGS and our host venues, the key protective measures guidance has not been released, so we still have no measures or framework within which we would need to operate so cannot move forward with preparations.
What this means:
Without national guidance on how we must operate, locally TAGS and partners are risk assessing every crucial Camp element such as the following to try to ensure we adhere to the regulations once they are released;
Pick up and drop off arrangements?
How many staff we need?
New procedures for staff?
Flow of children throughout the building?
Cleaning regime? Hand washing facilities?
Social distancing and lack of contact during activities?
What protective measures (‘bubbles’, additional hygiene, activity restrictions, etc) need to be in place?
Ultimately it is whether our host schools would let us use their facilities, parents/children would be happy to attend and staff to work under this guidance.
The safety of the children and staff remains our overriding priority and we will prepare to the best of our ability with the hope that this national guidance is forthcoming.
What you should do now:
With all of the above in mind, we would really appreciate your help and would like to get a feel for interest.
Please could you visit our website and confirm whether your child(ren) would like to attend a camp and during which week.
THIS IS PURELY AN EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AND NO PAYMENT WILL BE REQUESTED OR TAKEN.
From this interest, we will be able to plan the points above and hopefully be in a position to proceed if allowed.
COMPLETING A FORM DOES NOT, AT THIS POINT, GUARANTEE YOUR PLACE OR EVEN IF THE CAMP WILL TAKE PLACE.
This summer camps, due to the restrictions, are likely to be sports specific offerings. The multi-sport options require too many changes of venue, equipment, coaches to be viable.
Also it is also certain that groups will need to be smaller and with much tighter ratios of coaches to athletes (currently this is 1 coach to 6 athletes). Therefore unfortunately, it is almost inevitable that places will be extremely limited and that to cover extra coaches, facilities, equipment etc. the cost of places will have to increase.
Also, when you book with us this Summer, if we’re unable to operate our camps you will be entitled to a 100% refund.
The team of qualified coaches bring with them a wealth of experience and can't wait to pass this on to all our athletes!
With all highly qualified staff DBS checked, safeguarding and 1st Aid trained children get the chance to have FUN and flourish in this high quality environment.
Book Now to reserve your place
2020 Expression of interest
Expression of interest ONLY£0.00